The ATLAS LTI Tool is currently incompatible with Safari. We recommend using the LTI with Chrome or Firefox while we work to fix this. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The LTI Tool allows instructors to embed ATLAS Cases they have curated to Groups directly into Moodle. When students launch the LTI links, they'll be able to view the Case the instructor has selected.
Please do not add students to the ATLAS platform beforehand
Setting up Course Groups in ATLAS
Before instructors will be able to use the LTI Tool, they will need to create one or more ATLAS Groups where they curate Cases they'd like to add to their Moodle courses. If you need more information about setting up Groups, please see our Group Leader Help Articles
Installing the ATLAS LTI in Moodle
Step 1: Get Your Information In Order. You'll need the following items:
- Key/Secret pair obtained from your ATLAS Account Representative
- Config URL: https://www.eduappcenter.com/configurations/7jqj2korp07f9re5.xml
Step 2: Add and Configure ATLAS LTI Tool In Moodle:
1. Open Site Administration
2. Click on the Plugins Tab
3. Scroll Down to Activity Modules and Click on “Manage Tools”
Paste the following URL into the input box and click “Add”:
Enter the Key and Secret you obtained and click “Save Changes”
6. Adjust Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the newly created tool
7. Scroll down to Privacy. Make sure email is always shared, and check “Force SSL” *Note: The ATLAS LTI will NOT work if you don’t allow email sharing.
5d. Click Save Changes
Course Instructors - In Atlas
1. Log into ATLAS.
2. Open your Dashboard and click “Open My Groups”
3. Create a New Group
4. Tip: Title the group with the same name as the course title you are building in Moodle
5. Make sure anyone else who is going to save cases to this group is an ATLAS Group Leader. Learn how to assign ATLAS Group Roles
6. Select the Cases you wish to use in your Moodle course and save them to your Group. You can Save from the Cases and individual case page.
Course Instructors - In Moodle
Add ATLAS Case to Moodle Course:
Note: In order for the video cases to show up in Moodle, login to ATLAS, create a group and add cases only to the group. Here is the help article on how to create a group: https://help.atlas.nbpts.org/support/solutions/articles/42000049854-creating-a-group.
Note: Do NOT add Students to the group, only video cases. Add link to create/group article.
1. Navigate to the Module where you would like to add an ATLAS Case
2. Click Add An Activity or Resource
3. Click External Tool
4. Click Add
5a. Select ATLAS LTI from the dropdown of pre-configured tools
5b. Scroll down and click “Save and Display”
6. Authorize Login to ATLAS with Moodle (the first time you use the tool only) by entering your password for your ATLAS account, and clicking “Link Account”
7. Find the Case you want and click “Attach LTI Link”
8. Click the Pencil icon to edit the title to match the Case you selected
Check your Cookie Settings
- Make sure you are allowing third party cookies. We use a cookie to connect your Mood session to your ATLAS session. If you don't allow third party cookies, we won't be able to connect your sessions and log you in.
- Make sure atlas.nbpts.org has been added to your allowed sites if you are strict about your cookie settings
You can refer to the links below for more information about managing cookies in different browsers. If you are unable to manage cookies, you may need to contact your department instructional technology support.
Safari Login Issue
I am using Safari and I can’t seem to login to the LTI Tool no matter what I do! I’ve even tried changing my password via reset password from email, and it still doesn’t work.
If you are using Safari 13+ the solution below will not work, due to updates with the way 3rd party cookies are handled. We recommend using Firefox or Chrome instead.
If you are using Safari 12 or earlier:
- Check your cookie settings, and make sure you are allowing third party cookies. If you are strict about your cookie settings, you may need to whitelist atlas.nbpts.org
- Close out of the LTI Tool
- Open the Homepage in a new tab
- Launch the LTI tool again
Safari does a lot to protect your privacy, and ensure third parties aren’t tracking you without your consent. Because of this, Safari won’t allow third parties to set cookie information, if it looks like you haven’t visited the site recently. This means we can’t set an SSO cookie if you’ve recently cleared your history, are using Safari for the first time, or are using Safari on a new device. Opening the ATLAS Homepage will fix this problem, because it indicates to Safari that ATLAS is a site you use intentionally. Technical details can be found here: https://webkit.org/blog/7675/intelligent-tracking-prevention/