The LTI Tool allows instructors to embed ATLAS Cases they have curated to Groups directly into D2L. When students launch the LTI links, they'll be able to view the Case the instructor has selected. There is no need to add students to the ATLAS platform beforehand.
Setting up Course Groups in ATLAS
Before instructors will be able to use the LTI Tool, they will need to create one or more ATLAS Groups where they curate Cases they'd like to add to their Blackboard Courses. If you need more information about setting up Groups, please see our Group Leader Help Articles
Installing the ATLAS LTI in Brightspace
Step 1: Get Your Information In Order. You'll need the following items:
- Key/Secret pair obtained from your ATLAS Account Representative
- Launch URL obtained from your ATLAS Account Representative
Step 2: Configuring the ATLAS LTI Provider
- Open Course Admin
- Open External Learning Tools
- Select Manage Tool Providers
- Select New Tool Provider
- Open the Credentials.txt file you received from the M.O.S.T. Commons admin
- Copy the Launch URL from the Credentials.txt file and paste it in to the “Launch Point” box
- Set Version to 1.1
- Set Oauth Signature Method to HMAC-SHA1
- Copy the Secret from the .txt file, and paste into the “Secret” box
- Check the “Use Custom Tool Consumer Information” Checkbox, copy the Key from the .txt file, and paste the Key into the Tool Providers Settings
- Scroll down to Security Settings. Check all the boxes shown below. *Note: The ATLAS LTI will NOT work if you don’t check all of the boxes shown below.
Step 3: Configure ATLAS LTI Link
- Click Manage External Learning Tool Links
- Click New Link
- Add a Title, and Paste in the Launch URL from Credentials.txt file again
- Scroll Down to Key/Secret and select “Use Tool consumer key/secret”. This will use the key/secret pair you already set up in your Tool Provider earlier.
- Scroll Down to Security Settings and Settings “Use tool provider security settings”
Add an ATLAS Link to a Brightspace Course
Note: In order for the video cases to show up in Brightspace, login to ATLAS, create a group and add cases only to the group. Here is the help article on how to create a group: https://help.atlas.nbpts.org/support/solutions/articles/42000049854-creating-a-group.
Note: Do NOT add Students to the group, only video cases. Add link to create/group article.
- Navigate to the Module where you would like to add an ATLAS Case
- Click Add Existing Activities
- Click External Learning Tools
- Click on the ATLAS in list of available External Learning Tools
Embed an ATLAS Case
- Click on the ATLAS link you've just added to your Course
- If prompted, login to your ATLAS account
- Find the case you want to embed and click "Attach LTI Link"
- You are finished! The ATLAS case is now accessible to your students
Check your Cookie Settings
- Make sure you are allowing third party cookies. We use a cookie to connect your Blackboard session to your ATLAS session. If you don't allow third party cookies, we won't be able to connect your sessions and log you in.
- Make sure atlas.nbpts.org has been added to your allowed sites if you are strict about your cookie settings
You can refer to the links below for more information about managing cookies in different browsers. If you are unable to manage cookies, you may need to contact your department instructional technology support.
Safari Login Issue