The LTI Tool allows instructors to embed ATLAS Cases they have curated to Groups directly into Blackboard. When students launch the LTI links, they'll be able to view the Case the instructor has selected. There is no need to add students to the ATLAS platform beforehand.
Setting up Course Groups in ATLAS
Before instructors will be able to use the LTI Tool, they will need to create one or more ATLAS Groups where they curate Cases they'd like to add to their Blackboard Courses. If you need more information about setting up Groups, please see our Group Leader Help Articles
Installing the ATLAS LTI in Blackboard
Step 1: Get Your Information In Order. You'll need the following items:
- Key/Secret pair obtained from your ATLAS Account Representative
- Launch URL obtained from your ATLAS Account Representative
Step 2: Create an ATLAS LTI Tool Provider
On the Administrator Panel, select LTI Tool Providers.
Configure Provider Domain Status
Enter atlas.nbpts.org in the Provider Domain textbox.
Set Provider Domain Status to “Approved”
Configure Institution Policies
Select “Send User Data only over SSL”
User Fields to send should include Role in Course and Email Address
*Note: If you don’t allow sending email address the ATLAS LTI Tool WILL NOT work for students.
Step 3: Create ATLAS LTI Placement
From the LTI Tool Providers page, open the Tools menu and select “Manage Placements”
Select “Create Placement”
Configure Placement Information
Enter a Label. This is the name that appears to users in a course.
Enter a Handle. This must be a unique ID for the tool which can only contain alphanumeric, underscore, or dash characters.
Set Availability to “Yes”
Set Tool Type to “Content Type” tool
Select “Build Content (Create)”
Configure Tool Provider Information
Add an ATLAS Link to a Blackboard Course
Note: In order for the video cases to show up in Blackboard, login to ATLAS, create a group and add cases only to the group. Here is the help article on how to create a group: https://help.atlas.nbpts.org/support/solutions/articles/42000049854-creating-a-group.
Note: Do NOT add Students to the group, only video cases. Add link to create/group article.
- Navigate to your Course and select "Create"
- Select ATLAS from the available Tools
- Fill in Link details and click "Save"
Embed an ATLAS Case
- Click on the ATLAS LTI Link you just added to your Course
- If prompted, login to your ATLAS account
- Find the case you want to embed and click "Attach LTI Link"
- You are finished! The ATLAS case is now accessible to your students
Check your Cookie Settings
- Make sure you are allowing third party cookies. We use a cookie to connect your Blackboard session to your ATLAS session. If you don't allow third party cookies, we won't be able to connect your sessions and log you in.
- Make sure atlas.nbpts.org has been added to your allowed sites if you are strict about your cookie settings
You can refer to the links below for more information about managing cookies in different browsers. If you are unable to manage cookies, you may need to contact your department instructional technology support.
Safari Login Issue