The LTI Tool allows instructors to embed ATLAS Cases they have curated to Groups directly in to Canvas. When students launch the LTI links, they'll be able to view the Case the instructor has selected. There is no need to add students to the ATLAS platform beforehand.
Setting up Course Groups in ATLAS
Before instructors will be able to use the LTI Tool, they will need to create one or more ATLAS Groups where they curate Cases they'd like to add to their Canvas Courses. If you need more information about setting up Groups, please see our Group Leader Help Articles
Installing the ATLAS LTI in Canvas
It is possible to install the ATLAS LTI Tool for an entire Organization within Canvas, so individual instructors do not have to install the LTI Tool in each and every course. If you would like to do this, but aren't sure how to do this yourself, reach out to your departmental instructional technology support staff. If you would like instructors to be able to add the LTI Tool to their courses independently, they can follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Get Your Information In Order. You'll need the following items
- Key/Secret pair obtained from your ATLAS Account Representative
- Canvas Config URL: https://www.eduappcenter.com/configurations/7jqj2korp07f9re5.xml
Step 2: Configuring the App in Canvas
Click "View App Configurations"
Click the big blue +App button
Select “By URL” from the Configuration Type Dropdown
- Enter a Name, and the Key and Secret
- Paste the Canvas Config URL input box and click Submit
Add an ATLAS LTI Link to a Canvas Module
Note: In order for the video cases to show up in Canvas, login to ATLAS, create a group and add cases only to the group. Here is the help article on how to create a group: https://help.atlas.nbpts.org/support/solutions/articles/42000049854-creating-a-group.
Note: Do NOT add Students to the group, only video cases. Add link to create/group article.
- Navigate to the Modules section of your Canvas Course
- Click the grey + button next to the Module Heading to add a new item to the Module
- Select "External Tool" from the drop down list of item types
- Select the ATLAS LTI Tool from the drop down menu of available tools
- Click the blue "Add Item" button
Select an ATLAS Case to Embed
- Click on the ATLAS LTI Link you just added to your Module
- If prompted, login to your ATLAS account
- Find the case you want to embed and click "Attach LTI Link"
- You are finished! The ATLAS case is now accessible to your students
Check your Cookie Settings
- Make sure you are allowing third party cookies. We use a cookie to connect your Canvas session to your ATLAS session. If you don't allow third party cookies, we won't be able to connect your sessions and log you in.
- Make sure atlas.nbpts.org has been added to your allowed sites if you are strict about your cookie settings
You can refer to the links below for more information about managing cookies in different browsers. If you are unable to manage cookies, you may need to contact your department instructional technology support.
Safari Login Issue